View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 09:30 PM
JanTx

Default oh dear! What do I HEAR?

That's right - not see, feel, or notice in a quilt top - what do I HEAR? I was folding a quilt top when I heard a ... crackle? Yes, definitely a crackle. After feeling all over the top I found that under two spots in the applique there's a noise - I think I left the paper part of the fusible stuff still on. How on earth that is possible I have no idea, but ... what else could it be? It sounds a lot like the crackle stuff you put in baby toys to give them auditory stimulation. NOT what you want to hear in an adult quilt - not quite that loud, but that kind of sound. This is a quilt I'm being PAID to make! That I've spent hours and hours on. Poor pitiful me!!!

I'm wondering if I can go from the back and cut a slit in the background, somehow remove the paper backing and hope for the best when I quilt it. The other solution is to remove those pieces, remove the paper and then redo the stitching. We're talking a queen sized top now, not the blocks I originally sewed.

Have you EVER heard of such a thing? Any other suggestions? Recommendations?

The crackle is under the green/purple floral. http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t225364.html