View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 03:48 AM
homebody323

I agree, very cute. People never want to pay what things are worth in time and materials. I have long since given up that idea. I started in '80 with a small craft business in California - did a few shows and sold enough to break even.I did have a lady stand right there in front of me and take apart a cute little basket pincushion and then stuff it all back together and say "just wanted to see how you did it so I could make some myself". I would probably price the cute animal at about $28. Something about $30 says too much. Price one - if it sells fast - too cheap. If it doesn't sell - put it on sale. Then decide if you really want to do it. The eyes concern me as a potential law suit. It's amazing that the smaller neighbor child of the girl who gets this can pull the eyes off - choke on one of them and you get sued. I see the longarm in the backround. How about making some table runners from scraps, some baby quilts using the 3 for 1 method and elimate the risk and all the time involved in the cute animals? A pile of xmas or regular table runners at a fall craft show might prove to be a better money maker - less storage and transportation problems, less risk. If you are going to make quilted items and have to buy fabrics - consider taking a look at Marshalls Dry Goods. One of my favorite websites. Good luck.