Old 08-01-2013, 04:45 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Miriam, they were probably getting a machine for their significant other that didn't cost $1000 or more. Maybe some were really interested in vintage. More are looking to vintage than in the past, I think.

And it doesn't surprise me that Glenn quilts beautifully. He sure makes those machines pieces of art..... I think an A-type personality.... and I've never met him in person. Being an A-type myself, I can usually identify them.... It's a GOOD THING.
Glenn is first class maybe A-type - I think he likes DOING things. NOPE those men were trying out the machines and in some cases I was teaching them how the machine works. They were eager learners. One tall gangly young man 'knew' how to sew but he sat at the end and put things through right to left. Don't ask me how that works. He said he was afraid of the needle and that was what worked for him - he came back and bought another machine a month or so ago. He said he made 500 bow ties so far. He wanted a back up machine. I set him up with a real nice old black 15 clone. He was doing the happy dance. These guys are sewing. Some of them kind of blush about it until I tell them they are not alone.