Old 08-01-2013, 08:13 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by plume View Post
Maybe un- and re-screwing it completely was the fix (I had done that)?
The screw with the red arrow is the set screw. It would be a 2 part operation. unscrew it a bit, then fully seat the post (push toward the back of the machine) then tighten the set screw again. If that's what you did, it's not a temporary fix, if that was the problem.

Please don't say that!!!
I hope it's not a temporary fix, but we'll figure it out if it was.

Thanks, me too Oh, and in the meantime, they found 3 more machines, 1 Singer (black & gold decorations), 1 Frigga (same), and the last one is locked inside its case, no key to be found, so they have no idea what it looks like... The wife told me she was starting a collection (her husband is gonna hate me now)!
Depending on the case, if it's a singer, a small blade screw driver in the lock may open it, as may a robertson
Unless of course it's a featherweight case, then the easiest thing to do is take it to a sewing machine shop and they may have a key to open it. No matter what though, there's almost never a need to cut hinges off or bust the case open. With a pic I can offer more help.

Nooooooo! Please come over here (nice little Italian vacation) and check it for me
You don't want to make that offer. DH and I both want to take a motorcycle trip to Italy, the only thing that holds us back is finances.