Old 08-01-2013, 02:05 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Anael ... *sigh* Bonus with both B_+Ws and Reds! Ditto re few cows outside now. Your photo could just as easily be taken here. Reminds me so much of my old farm with the shade trees on the field's edge. Ditto, as for cows in barns now. More and more here too, and I bet it's well above 1/2. Very often better care can be given the cattle and more consistency year round, being that ours need the barn for the winter weather. Yes, we have many Dutch farmers who have settled here in Canada, dairy and many other farm types and have done quite well with their farm operations. And many came as you got older too! Beautiful Star Block!

You bet ... many don't know where their milk "really" comes from!!! .... and thus, think of me for the next month, helping to educate the consumer about just that! We will have 13 cows milking in two demos a day (1/2 each time) along with young stock to help them see how "big" a calf is at birth, and then the growth for the first year. Lots of other displays with that. The most important part is the ability for them to ask questions, directly to producers (or has-beens, like me!)

JanRN and CarrieM ... yeaaaaaaaaa Two Rosies coming up! The Challenge is on!!

JanRN and Anael ... perhaps another challenge? Look forward to seeing your blocks, JanRN!

Sleep well, Anael .. and beat that headache