Old 08-01-2013, 10:29 PM
plume

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
The screw with the red arrow is the set screw. It would be a 2 part operation. unscrew it a bit, then fully seat the post (push toward the back of the machine) then tighten the set screw again. If that's what you did, it's not a temporary fix, if that was the problem.

I hope it's not a temporary fix, but we'll figure it out if it was.
Aaah, now I understand. Not sure if I pushed it though... I don't want to disassemble the tension again right now, since it works like a charm. But I'll keep it in mind in case, thanks for the explanation.

Depending on the case, if it's a singer, a small blade screw driver in the lock may open it, as may a robertson
Unless of course it's a featherweight case, then the easiest thing to do is take it to a sewing machine shop and they may have a key to open it. No matter what though, there's almost never a need to cut hinges off or bust the case open. With a pic I can offer more help.
I'll forward & will ask for a picture too, if they still couldn't manage to open it.

You don't want to make that offer. DH and I both want to take a motorcycle trip to Italy, the only thing that holds us back is finances.
Well, I did You're welcome to stay w/ us, it saves a lot! If you ever want to consider this more seriously, don't hesitate to contact me, I mean it.