View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Bethshaya

I use English Paper piecing almost exclusively since I like being able to quilt without being separated from the family watching TV at night. Granted, I am a fairly new quilter, but so far, so good. I like knowing I have accuracy, even as a new quilter.

I make sections, then after they are all done, arrange them and then stitch them together. So for Grandmothers Flowers, I would make all my hexie flowers first, then put all the flowers together into the top. However, I am working on a diamond table topper now, and I am piecing all of the sections together as I go since it is a managable size and still is portable to fold up and take in my project case on the road.

Never had a problem with curling. I use both thread basting and glue pens. I use Paperpieces.com for my templates and papers and never had a problem. Like someone said above, make sure you are using cardstock, NOT copy paper. Copy paper isn't strong enough to hold against the fabric and as you baste, you will pull it too tight, making it curl.

Others have also used freezer paper, cut out the shapes and fused it to the fabric, cutting their 1/4 allowance around and then ironing the edges (like applique). Havent used that method yet, so not sure how well it works. But I guess if so many others are using it, it must be OK.

Happy EPPing!

Last edited by Bethshaya; 08-02-2013 at 07:21 AM.