Old 08-02-2013, 08:15 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Anael your piecing is perfection, and color choices spot on!!
Oh I better get a brownie before they are all gone, thanks Karen. I know how fast they can go with big kids and little kids around. FYI DH is a big kid around here!
Carrie, glad you are getting relief from your PT!
Bev--one box at a time!
Cupboards, how exciting, Jeanie. Don't forget to show us pics when finished.
What's on my agenda? Yesterday picked up meat from the locker--all ground beef as it was a young cow who had injured a leg joint after calving. Cow meat tends to be tougher as it's not corn fed, so that's why it's ground beef. We felt bad as she was a promising cow on her second lactation. The meat around the injured joint was thrown away as it was damage muscle tissue. So to make room in my freezer I pulled out the canning meat to thaw so I can process that today and tomorrow.
While in town I also stopped at the lumber yard where we bought materials for our house and ordered a bank of cabinets for my kitchen. I have a U-shaped kitchen and on the opposite end I placed a wood shelving unit our "oldest" son (actually a cousin of mine who lived with us for a couple of summers and then a year when we were 26 yo) and a desk with the thought I would use the desk to make lists, send cards, etc. I never got into that habit, so am going to put in 5 foot of base and overhead cabinets. I'm moving the microwave, toaster, bread box over there. It will become the snack center as it's just an arm's reach from the frig. Guys are always making a quick sandwich and a glass of milk or cup of hot cocoa so it will be in a perfect spot and away from my food prep areas. Sure glad I did not put in a "cabinet" desk like I originally planned.

OK--you'd better get to work now a full day ahead. Will share canned beef and beef broth at the RV tonight! Great for winter stew in a hurry. Bet mirabelle could use some right now

Last edited by oksewglad; 08-02-2013 at 08:18 AM.