Old 08-02-2013, 09:47 AM
DustysMomma

Elisabrat, go easy now. Everyone handles swap differently, and not everyone can have their swap item(s) finished a month, or even a week sometimes, before the deadline, which is why the deadlines are as long out as they are. We don't know what came up to delay the completion or non-shipment of anyone who didn't complete their swap here. Wouldn't you feel badly if you'd learned someone wasn't done on time because they lost a child, had a close family member who was brutally murdered, or were in a coma themselves? Having lost a child myself, I can assure you that under any of these circumstances, a sewing swap would be the last thing to be worried about. Yes, people sometimes go AWOL, but I try to believe that people are inherently good and have all intentions of fulfilling the obligations they make, and that the people who completely disappear likely do so out of embarrassment over being gone so long. I have to say though, that people shipping and not getting in return is why the Patrice requires us to add to the signup post that you're not supposed to ship until both parties indicate they are ready. Shipping early is always at your own risk, no matter what your reasons are.

Let's please let this go and discuss happier things.