Old 11-25-2009, 07:53 AM
mjsylvstr

Since we have been talking about Christmas decorations and this long weekend ahead of us, I was wondering about when your ladies and gents get around to decorations ...the who, what, when and why

Should be an interesting topic....I will start it off..........

We always started by watching the Christmas Parade on Thanksgiving morning while the aroma of turkey and stuffing filled the house.

After that, it was the pleasure of decorating right through to the big day itself.....a little here and a lot there......I always had a large family party the beginning of December (to start the holidays rolling) so we got the tree up before then.

The manger was put out but without the baby....and the kings off in the distance.

The mistletoe was hung over the doorways......using only the faux kind after hearing the danger of the live berries...
(check that out if you didn't hear of this before now)

In the ensuing weeks, cookies by the dozens were baked and hidden so that there would some remaining for the gifts and for our own consumption when the time arrived!
I have one son who could pick up the scent of fresh-baked holiday cookies no matter where they were concealed.

The gifts were usually hidden all over the house. I tried to number the gifts 1 thru 4 so that I could just wrap and mark without having to open and see to whom it belonged........

I love the holidays...BUT....since we are now retired snowbirds and retreat to Florida right before or right after Christmas, my decorating has become very minimal .. I now enjoy the decorating labors of my kids and grandkids....

OK, lets read about how you other quilters fix the homestead for the holidays.........

MaryJane

MaryJane