Old 11-25-2009, 08:06 AM
hokieappmom

Originally Posted by Campbell34
Just picked up my new 830 bernina today,tradedin my 400QE, it looks like it will be a fabulous machine, You are never too old to learn all the stuff on one of these machines, I am 75 and can't wait to get my hands on it , ,but have to wait until after Thanksgiving ,gotta bake pies tomorrow it is all new to me , 5 years warranty on the electronics and 25 on the machine , can't beat that,gotta go ove 200 miles to Flagstaff to have it serviced but you can do a lot of the services and cleaning your self, I clean my machne every time I run out of bobbin, I have an old 930 machine that I would never part with, Paid $1300.00 for it and was offered $1,000.00 it last week, still runs like a charm.
You're going to LOVE your new 830. I've had mine since March and it is unreal what all it's capable of. I've taken 6 days off of work to take classes on how to use it and I'm sure I still don't know everything. I really liked my 730, and am amazed at the improvements on the 830 embroidery. Have fun with your new machine. And you are right about age. One of the ladies in my 830 class is 80, and she runs circles around us younger gals! She is such an inspiration.