Thread: Joseph's Coat
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Rosyhf

I wasn’t going to work on this quilt too long as I had some other stuff planned. I figured if I made the block larger, I could just do enough blocks to show the process of putting the quilt together. I have a fair idea but won’t know until I try it lol.

So far I have enlarged the block to 18 inches and I love it!! In EQ, it gives you about 14 pieces that you don’t need. So I clicked on the delete button and then clicked on the patches and clicked delete on the keyboard and you can get rid of all the extra patches and just print the two that you need.
The first block came out ok. I say ok because I am not pleased with the way the points came out, but I will rip those a bit and fix later. In the meantime, I did another block and just did the middle petals, as I didn’t know yet how the set up will go.
I joined that block to the outside petal of the first block and then I could see that I could sew five petal on and just leave the one joining without. I will continue with two more blocks in a row, the same way.
Then on the second row, I will work that out when I come to it.
Here is a pic of the first large block, then with the second block and then the second block joined to the first and the extra petals added. I just layed them up there.
Attached Thumbnails dsc00001.jpg   dsc00005.jpg   dsc00002.jpg  

Last edited by Rosyhf; 08-02-2013 at 06:50 PM.