Old 08-03-2013, 02:31 AM
Sheluma

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
In all honesty no it should be sponsored by Tri-flow oil and some of the places that sell parts... but I doubt if they have any more money than we do...
Yes! We should show tri-flow how many times their product is mentioned on this site. Plume, I went to Italy a long time ago (1979) but didn't go to the south. Just Rome and Florence. I wanted to see the south but I thought I didn't have enough time because I wanted to go to Greece and the islands. I had a eurail pass, carried my stuff in a back pack and stayed at youth hostels. I lived on cheese and bread and fruit. Didn't eat in any restaurants. I knew no Italian, but had just spent a semester in France, so I spoke some French, and it turned out most Italians spoke French! I practiced my French more in Italy and Switzerland than in France (where I hung out with my American friends). If I were to go now I would go nuts buying vintage linen sheets and of course at least one 411 or 431 sewing machine. And I would want to eat in restaurants. sigh. If I could travel now like I did then, maybe I could afford it.