Old 08-03-2013, 03:49 AM
Elisabrat

Better hide your scraps on that one, Marybeth is making a quilt for her grand daughter out of that fabric and she will sneak up on you and snag them I am positive! The sewing machine looks like a monster to learn all those buttons and computer stuff. argh I am so not into electronics and really fought getting a computerized machine also. I have the basic of basic ones and it still scares me. I wouldn't even turn on the air conditioner yesterday didn't want to break it. I haven't asked how to use it yet never needed to. Guess that is a good thing to learn.

Today I am finishing the blocks to go around my round robin. This is where the brat screwed up big time. I measured the fabric and cut based on the total depth the block is to be 6.5 inches all good. see I had added a 3/4 inch border first t break up that crazy design (crazy cause I could not figure what to do hence why its crazy.) now all is good it will measure up perfectly. except I did not think key word there about the fact that the new blocks at 5.75 ARE not going to fit around. they needed to be 6.5 also to make it all across the top. so now.. there is a 2.5 inch gap at the end of each row. I have to magically finish out the row to look like I meant that to happen. a little strip on the ends? ugh. all those 4st's too.. lots and lots of them.. finished ready to use. its a harlequin diamond pattern that goes all around well it should have gone all around. What a dumb bunny. math is not my thing obviously. what a surprise right?