Old 08-03-2013, 05:11 AM
DustysMomma

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post
Oh my goodness, that runner is remarkable, I hope we don't have to come up with something that elaborate or I will get booted out! It is fabulous. The starbursts look like some paper pieced patterns I've seen. I guess I better get busy looking for patterns for my runner!
No booting for the complexity of your piecing here! I was just pining away publicly for the directions to make something so fabulous! I'm not experienced in paper piecing. In fact, the last time I did a block that was supposed to be paper pieced, I didn't paper piece it at all. I just made it work out piecing it the regular way instead, since it wasn't that complicated.

I have the Fons & Porter book "Tabletop Quilts" & I'm thinking I may either do one out of it or perhaps if I can find the burnt orange and purple to go with the fabric I mentioned earlier, since I have the brown already & can get more from Hobby Lobby, I'll do either of these 2:

http://www.ericas.com/quilting/patterns/27599b.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or...642696951d.jpg

Oh, I learned this last week that there are embroidery patterns for my new machine to go with my accuquilt go dies too. It puts down template lines of where to place your pieces cut with the accuquilt, then you lay them on & either use spray adhesive or pins to hold them in place, then tell it to go & it stitches them on for you! The man asked me if the new machine was "going to work with the thousand dollars we just spent a few months ago" and I told him "Oh yeah! In fact, it's going to make me use it even more!" and he seemed happy. Now to decide which embroidery packs they have that I have the most dies to go with. I'd rather not have to buy a bunch more dies right now, since I don't have wall racks to store them in. Thankfully the big starter set I got had a bag with it, so I can stand them all in it on their ends where it won't mess up the foam or the blades.