Old 08-03-2013, 06:58 AM
melinda1962

I have been lurking, and collecting machines still. Yall are my relaxing reading every day. Been finishing with the clean out of my mama's house readying it for sale. I looked at a row of machines at a yard sale today, with a man expecting me to fall over at his "fair" prices. He had a 99 hand crank, the best of the bunch, from 1950, but started at $130, and fell down to $100 without me even trying to barter. Then a row of 3 in pitiful cabinets, and that is being kind since they had been stored in a shed, with a black Commander clone with no cord or slide plate, a Spartan in the worst cabinet, and a Singer 15-something without reverse or potted motor. He first said I could have all 3 for $75, but one would be $40. I said I would have to think about it. I don't own a real 15, just a few (LOL) clones, so thought about that one, but I am sure I can do better than that.

And every body needs a 201, awesome machine. And a 301, a featherweight, and at least one 66, and.....................dang that addiction/enabling thing is flaring up.