View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 09:44 AM
CarolynMT

Default Quilt Not Speaking to Me

Well this is a stunner of a quilt, and I want the quilting to match. It truly ended up more than I had envisioned. I sent a quick PM off to Fantastic Feline...then got thinking I probably should open the question up to others too.....hopefully something will ring right here.

This quilt is a Christmas Present for my best friend. Her bedroom is done in oriental prints. I opted for the black/white as the background here to ease the brain from the multitude of other colors. ok, so here are the details:
The circles are 10in in diameter, they are appliqued down using a blanket stitch in gold metallic
all the fabrics have a gold metallic in them.
the finished squares are 12ins, and the sashings are all 2ins (finished)

I intend to put a wide mitered border that will be the following finished sizes 2in black, 2in white, and 4in black.

I want to use a gold metallic thread to quilt it. I really do not want to quilt over the oriental fabric, so basically just want to quilt on the black and white only.

So what would you do? (Oh and I have my own LA, so I will be doing this on that baby....not wrestling with it on a domestic)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]428048[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_05551_zps648ca5cb.jpg