View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Daffy Daphne

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Luann, your blue bag is beautiful.

Pegquilter8, I didn't have any trouble sewing the tubes, but I don't think I could make the bag is 4 hours if my life depended on it! I am a pokey sewer, and never have been able to keep up in class although I do value the tips and techniques learned.

1screech, my tips would be (1) Choose your batting carefully. I tried one tube with fusible Pellon, but didn't like it because it was even bulkier than W&N. Someone advised on her blog to use polyester batting, which surely would compress better than cotton, but I didn't like the way it bearded in the bags I made years ago. I have some leftover Quilter's Dream Request loft, and will try it next time instead of W&N. (2) Wonder Clips are a huge help. and (3) The instructions say to cut binding pieces 4-1/2" x 14". I cut mine 5-1/2" x 14", to give more space for the handles to go through.

kwiltkrazy, Wonder Clips by Clover are great for holding bulky pieces that would bend your pins out of shape. You can read a lot of positive reviews here: http://tinyurl.com/k562j5f

Daffy