Old 08-03-2013, 11:57 AM
BuzzinBumble

Default Jewels in My Garden

Lots of lovely and creative quilts this month - everyone really rose to the challenge and should be so proud of what they created!

Cogito really pulled out all the stops on the gorgeous quilt she made for me! When I opened the box and unfolded her creation I was way beyond delighted and far into thrilled to pieces! Wowee What a Work of Art! You can see Mary's wonderful creative talents and great quilting skills in every detail. She named her quilt "Jewels in My Garden" and that is perfect.

I took the quilt outside to the garden to photograph it and the first thing that happened is that a dragonfly landed on it for a second before darting away. You fooled Mother Nature Mary - LOL.

Mary my favorites parts are the little button flowers and hexies - which are sewn so perfectly. Then I love, love, love that little redbird with the worm! The prairie points lining the garden path.... and the waterfall with the beading... the way you sewed the sun with even more prairie points - it is all so awesome! This is a quilt that will add cheer to many a day!

Thank you Mary also for the darling bee pincushion which you know I adore! This is going to take pride of place right by my sewing machine. And I will definitely use the hexie pattern you sent. I've been wanting to give them a try for a while now.

This is a quilt to treasure and even more - It represents the beginning of the wonderful friendship we have made!
Attached Thumbnails jewels-my-garden-1.jpg   jewels-my-garden-2.jpg   jewels-my-garden-waterfall.jpg   jewels-my-garden-hexies.jpg   jewels-my-garden-blossoms.jpg  

jewels-my-garden-gifts.jpg