View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 12:05 PM
CarolynMT

Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
I know you don't want to quilt onto the circles, but the first thing I thought of before I even finished reading your post is a chrysanthemum as that is a traditional motif in Asian art. Or how about Koi fish swimming along the solid borders? Love the way you've "woven" the black and white together.

I am afraid the gold metallic thread quilting would detract or cover up some of the designs in the circles, I fussy cut most of them for the look......sigh, but everything I have seen so far that I like shows something quilted in the center.

I did a small lap size sample so I can test out any design before throwing it up on the big one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428082[/ATTACH]

Oma, I love that quilt, it is so amazing....might actually try that pattern one day.

Tartan, I was looking at different sashiko prints, or like artsy recommended the chrysanthemum outline. Just isnt speaking to me...sigh very frustrating for me, because I usually have the quilting picked out prior to the first cut of fabric, but on this one it just escaped me in every stage.

This is an alteration to the Samoyi quilt pattern from Hoffman Fabrics. That is a free pattern, I sorta goofed up and then really liked how it turned out so kept my version. https://hoffmanfabrics.com/EDocs/Sit...%20pattern.pdf
There is the original pattern if anyone is interested.

Mine has 21 different fabrics, I only repeated fabric once...so there is a very wide variety of prints in this. The sample one with batiks has 13 different fabrics, the sashing strips are a little smaller too.....
Attached Thumbnails img_03761_zpse3d94f5b.jpg  

Last edited by CarolynMT; 08-03-2013 at 12:08 PM.