Old 08-03-2013, 12:31 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Hello All!
A perfect summer's day here .... sunny, gentle breeze, nicely warm/hot, but absolutely no humidity.
This IS the summer weather I love!
Gone this morning on a grocery run, errands etc. then back this afternoon ... and would just like to snooze away, but no, had lots to do! Soon will settle in for the night and do some sewing!

OKSGlad ... yea for the kitchen update! The snack centre will be useful for all, and I am sure the DGKs will REALLY appreciate it! Lucky for you, that you can get the same cupboards.

JeanieG ... yes indeed, chewy brownies with nuts. Isn't that the only way? Call me strange, but I'm OK to skip the icing topping too! I really like the simplicity of your cabinets/doors. The white will keep the room nice and fresh looking. And here we thought EVERYONE in California would have a/c!

Anael ... a fun night out! Hope that eventually you were able to get some sleep despite the heat and humidity. So is a telescope next on the list of "buys", to watch the night sky? As you know from my whining, I detest the humidity as well. Most public places here have a/c. More and more homes too, though not mine. I think of it, but the few days that I need it, I manage to suffer thru. The joke with a friend this year was that I bought a sewing machine, instead of a/c! I did buy a dehumidifier a couple years ago, and it has helped some. It's in the basement, so I can keep it as comfortable as I have been able to.

Sweet Pics of the SewGrands!! Looks like they are recognizing people in this pic and the last one. Thanks so much to you for sharing the pics with us and to your DS/DDIL for allowing you to.

MiraB ... Such good news that you got your table mat back. Yes, odd the journey of the return of it ... maybe she was too embarrassed? At least you have it back. So the cat is off fishing, and the mouse is busy finishing Marjen?

CarrieM ... WOW! when you get back at the machine, you are just whizzing along! Great layout to bring them all together. We need to see photos of MILs WIP!

QNSue ... Window Shopping is the best kind! You can have a lot of fun doing that, while choosing the car of your dreams. One summer, we did that ... and every once in awhile would go looking at dream cars, knowing it wasn't even in the cards. We decided it was cheap entertainment! Careful with all that purging ... that the wrong things don't go missing!

Long weekend here this weekend ... I started it well, by declaring 1/2 of Friday as such. And now I have the rest of today, tomorrow and Monday .... wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!
... I'm off to my happy place!