View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 08:50 PM
kay carlson

Default After 28 months, I finally did it!

3 August 2013 goes down in history, at least my history...

I've had a Viking Mega Quilter for 28 months and haven't used it. Today I did use it: wound bobbins, threaded the machine and sewed. It was a blast! This part of the journey has come to be reality.

DH and I put up the frame a year ago and I've prepared the canvas leaders. The next stage was learning how to use the machine in a basic manner. My first day went smoothly and I will practice some FMQ without the frame in order to get comfortable with the machine.

DH was wondering if I would ever use the set up, but I hadn't been feeling up to trying anything as I had so little energy. I was too tired to take on anything else. Tackling a new area when I wasn't thinking straight was just more than I wanted on my platter.

If you have sleep apnea, make sure your settings are current with your physical condition.

Somehow, I let that slip. After retitration in the sleep lab, I am improving physically and mentally each day. Even if I don't get the desired full eight hours of sleep, the quality of the sleep I do get is much better. With this consistency, I am alert, happy, working and socializing without falling asleep throughout the day.

Again, keep on top of things if you have sleep apnea, as well as other health conditions. Hopefully my lesson will help others to be more aware of subtle changes which happen so gradually that you are unaware that they have occured.

Piecefully yours,
Kay