Old 08-03-2013, 10:04 PM
DustysMomma

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
He must have missed you Dusty'smomma, count your blessings.
I do. I do. It's a balancing act you know, for both of us. Me trying not to be too needy, even though I get tired of spending so much time alone, and him trying not to be too neglectful with all the demands of his career and his habit of hiding in his office and forgetting how little time he spends with me even when he has the time. Everyone can tell he travels a lot this time of year, but even when he's home there's lots going on too. Thankfully he was finished teaching regular classes when the term ended in May, so that will help some. 2 weeks until he goes to Korea for a week. Another meeting out of state in September (I'm thinking there's 2 in September, but I'm not sure.) Then I think he's home until January when he goes to Denmark to the university he graduated from to serve on the panel doing a review of his old department. What I wouldn't give to be able to retire early and go with him while my body will still let me enjoy travelling.

I cut out all the pieces for the outside of the tissue box holder/trash container for my friend's MIL's walker today. The MIL is in the hospital with broken ribs and collar bone from a fall yesterday, so I thought I'd better get on it. I'll be seeing my friend a week from Tuesday and hope to learn to use the embroidery function on my new machine next Saturday so I can put her name on it before I send it to her. She's such a sweet woman, and loves birds & owls, so I'm making it with this fabric:

http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics...e/AAK-10348-1/