View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 11:03 AM
omak

Originally Posted by Skeat
The one I picked up is like this one at: http://www.sewingmachinecabinets.com/regalr12.html

believe it or not, they were at our local walmarts a few years ago and I bought mine for about $170 and love it. The open places have stacked clear drawers now:)LOL It would fold down to a taller table to put a lamp on...just showing what other options are out there. If I had the perfect table to cut from, I think I would prob opt for a kitchen counter w/bar area:)Good luck w/the fun of shopping for one! Skeat
I agree about the kitchen counter concept for quilting. Isn't it funny how we get so into a concept that we can't think to move the counter from the kitchen to the quilting room ... although, I have seen a lot of sewing rooms that have utilized them.
One of the things people don't think about is: There are industry measurements for these things. Table heights the same, kitchen cabinets the same height, and bathroom cabinets ... the tables and cabinets may differ in heights, but like items share the same height measurement.
I am thinking though that bathroom cabinets are a different height from kitchen heights ... hmmm ... <g> Maybe I will measure that some time.
<wave>