Old 08-04-2013, 06:04 AM
Rubesgirl

Smile

WOW! I am completely overwhelmed by all of the wonderful replies I've received! I will certainly pass along your congratulations to him. We are so proud of him! I have pretty much decided to make the quilt designed by Kaelynagelfoot. I have looked at the pattern and although it looks complicated, the squares are made of patterns I have made before, so I'm confident I can get it done. I am going on a short vacation this week and will get started when I get back. I planned to go to Fabric Hut in Norfolk, as they have the best selection of fabrics and will order what they don't have, if necessary. I've seen many military fabrics there, so expect I will be able to find something complementary. I'd really like to keep it pretty simple, using mostly solids in the right colors.

As for labels, my printer ink bleeds when it gets wet, so I can't make my own labels. I know an exceptional embroiderer who makes gorgeous labels for me. I'd rather have her make them and know that they will be as lasting as the quilt.

When this is done (and I hope to have it completed and ready to give him on Sept. 16th), I will post a photo of it on the Board. Thanks again for all your support! It means a lot to me and my family.

PS~ My DH is a retired SCPO!

Last edited by Rubesgirl; 08-04-2013 at 06:07 AM.