Old 08-04-2013, 06:31 AM
Elisabrat

Morning ya' all! I hope today finds you in good form. I am feeling perky which is a good thing. Every other day I have dialysis and well its nap time for le brat all day long after. This is my weekend Sun and Monday so I am like this energizer bunny imagine me with energy!!!

I love the sneak peak fabrics OMG I want your pumpkin fabric pick me pick me for that runner! oh wait I do the picking lol. That wouldn't be fair. We have a great group of swappers signed up 29 at this moment and still more to come I hope. Its nice to see so many new ideas and concepts .. if I sewed everything I pinned on pinterest well my house would be filled to the brim with things. and I would never sleep. ever. I wish on the paper piecing items but I need a physical class to learn it in. I tried the Carol Doak (is it Doab?) video but it didn't work for me. I want someone to come hold my hand while I figure it out. The points you can end up with are amazing and they make me drool when I see the elaborate designs that are out there. sigh... piecing the old fashioned way is my big style. lol and stitch in the ditch.

On a dinner note I made this dish I saw on food channel yesterday. Spaghetti and meatballs but the guy used turkey, beef and pork (tiny amount) and a simple tomato sauce on top. The recipe called for bending some broth, garlic, parsley and roasted eggplant and adding it to the meat to keep it most. no eggplant here so I roasted zucchini and they came out delicious! super moist. big 4 inch meatballs, browned them, then roasted them then added them to the sauce. I scored. Steve ate a HUGE plate of them. Guess whats for dinner tonight too? lol. love those nights where you just turn on the stove and bingo dinner is ready oh oh and we are having this huge salad to go with it compliments of Jaba's tremendous garden. Zucchini! Cucumbers! Fresh onions! and I have put up some of those marvelous raspberries she shared. I am one lucky duck here reaping the rewards of all their hard work. Reminds me of that book the little red hen.. she did all the work and everyone wanted to eat her bread.. uh oh.. don't read that Jaba! I would if I could come help. Next year maybe a patch in the garden for me! (she has a big garden).