View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 07:17 AM
Blessed2BeeAlive

Cool AZ Quilter Newbie

My name is Cyndi & I'm creative @ most things that I set my heart & mind & hands to do & am a visual learner. I was born in Delaware, & abt 2-3 years later moved to Preswick Scotland where my sister was born. I had twin brothers who died @ birth: one an hour & the other the following day after. Both my parents were in the Military, my dad died in 1972 in the Vietnam War & my mom died in 1994 & never met my husband Shawn, as far as I know. Both our parents knew each other & I was on my husband’s moms lap when I was 3 plus years old, so I may have been there when my husband was in his mothers womb. We moved back to Delaware & later moved to California where I grew up most of my life. I lived in various area's of California: Sacramento & Grizzly Flats, & Various area's of San Diego. I lived in Marquette & Harvey, Michigan.

I got married @ the age of 34 & moved from California to Vermont & yes: I know what cold weather is like: I grew up in it in the mountains of California as well as in Michigan. My husband Shawn & I have traveled to S. Korea & Germany & Switzerland & Austria & Italy. My husband is a professional steering wheel holder (Truck Driver: 18 wheelers), so we went to as many places as possible while in Europe. We also went to Poland & then later we went to England & Scotland. We've also been to Hawaii (3 different islands) where we spend our honeymoon & 10 yr anniversary. We've been married 16 1/2 years & presently live in Arizona.

I scrap by hand, & create cards & Jewelry & Sew/Quilt & Crochet. If I can imagine it, I can create it: I've crocheted a bikini & was asked by someone where the pattern was, & I told them: In my imagination. I also write poetry, though it has been a long time since I've written something.

I've done 2 quilts so far, so that makes me a beginner. I also love to make Cell Phone holders & plan to make up a bunch for a Farmers Market/Festival, to prepare for what is ahead & possibly add some of my jewelry & other items in. My husband & I made a sign, that I can hang my cellphone holders & jewelry on.