Old 08-04-2013, 12:28 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Miriam, if I do get it..... do you have any parts I may need???? Just asking. I could take a trip to Indy in the fall. My sister lives north of town and I haven't visited her in quite a while.
I don't have any Singer 15 parts machines yet but the jury is still out on a couple. Wilbur and I worked on one the other day - it is in rough shape. It still doesn't turn but I didn't turn Wilbur loose with Tri-flow - he just used an old can of regular oil. I need one with a really small hole... Right now that one needs to have all that oil Wilbur baptized it with cleaned off... So far I've gotten even the worst ones to work. Sew-Classic has had the parts I have needed. I think Wilbur was disappointed when his didn't work and Lovie's did. I put that pic on my avitar - I couldn't resist - she looked so cute hugging that little 99. I think she would like to keep it but her momma says a Singer Spartan is enough and they can all share. I think I will help her sew with that machine as soon as I put it through it's paces. I just let her get lint out, clean the goop off and oil it. Wonder of wonders - it turns. The Singer 15 in bad shape needs some finish work. Glenn is coming some time in September - maybe he will mess with it some if he stays long enough. I have a mile long list of things to do when he comes. DH is trying real hard to get my new shop room going by then but there have been set backs and delays right and left. You and your sister are going to have to run by. If you don't get one by then maybe there will be a nice one around. Rumor is that Glenn is bringing a Singer 15 he has reworked.