Thread: WalMart Woes
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 10:38 PM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

Originally Posted by Kellie
:x I signed the petition as well. 29188 march 9th 2007! If they do do this which I hope that they don't I will go to hancock fabric or Hobby lobby. Being a begginner quilter and a craft person all the way around this upsets me. Maybe they will not do this and realize that they are maiking a huge mistake.
Kellie and to all of us that hate Wal-Mart right now:

I am usually the type of person holding a glass that is more than half full--...I think nobody can do anything if it's really out to hurt someone or themselves ====to any extent, anyway. Well, USUALLY, I have grown up quite a bit when it comes to big ppl with big money...
Wal-mart is big and bad and about to shoot their pinky toes off on both feet. No, better than that, they are about to shoot their balance off, so they are going to fall on their big, bad assesses. The big toe is where you get your balance from anyway, right?!?

I think they are beyond caring about us. THey have so many lawsuits now, what's another 30,000? Did our petition make it that far, yet? Well, they're going to do what they WANNA do because they can, and, although that little smiley or big smiley or whatever that smiley is, IT IS GONNA KEEP SMILING! If it keeps on smilin', we're gonna march right in there and buy our milk and toilet paper because it is cheaper there than Kroger or Foodland or whatever the name of that local store is. And they win. They're killing us anyway.
I know tooooo many ppl in this area that spent way tooooo much money at Wal-Mart.
For example: PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:
true story....if you are bored; turn the channel, you're to busy to be on here anyway:
When I was first married to my husband, he worked for a 200.00/week salary. (I had recently left my job for personal reasons). After taxes at that very time, we got $167.** per week after taxes.....
That means we received $668.00 per month! GEEZ!
At that time, we spent at LEAST $200.00 PER MONTH at Wal-Mart. We could drive the 45 minutes (20 minutes more than the local grocery store and dollar store) and get alll of our groceries, toilet paper, soaps, shampoos, SHOES, and you know what all of our needs are! FABRICS! ;) we got all these things in one stop instead of 5 or so! to get the best deal. We were saving money! and we went once a month. .....
Well, I start of my writing knowing what point I want to make and exactly how I want to make it, then I get so off track with everything that is going on around me....kids...an internet connection that is unfaithful, kids, demands of the every day life, kids........and then, it's just gone......
but we would spend at least 1/4 of what we recieved each month at Wally world.....
Times have changed. We got older, some. We got wiser, some. We got wealthier, some. And we shopped at Wal-Mart a whole lot more........
You know what...............????????????????????
I have gone to Kroger the 3-4 last times for groceries...
Cvs for my Rx needs...I even had 2 of my DD's Rx's transferred from W-M to CVS...
I've checked out quite a few on-line possibilites for fabrics....
and I haven't been to W-M in quite some time.
I've about found wm to be the red hydrant...........and I'm about ready to hike my leg!
Where was that I read that every single $1.00 spent out of county or out of area (where ever spent)....was like $5.00 spent locally?
Well, my W_M is in summersville and 45mins away......my local Kroger is 25 mins away (opp. directions and no shopping centers or nice restaurants)........
I'm outnumbered........and so are you. no matter what we do, wm wins. We're the little woman--they're the bigun
I can boycott and be mad at the world........or i can be happy they'r putting in a wm at flatwoods 25-30 mins from here, and I'll never have to leave the county agani.
I can be happy that a nice big wm will let me shop happily one-stop without driving all the way to summersville (45 mins).....and PUT ALL THE LOCAL DOLLAR AND GROCERY STORES out of business.
I am happy the WM will bring lots of jobs to Braxton county....
I'm sad that several businesses will go away.......
I'm happy that several businesses will have the opportunity to make money and go on (IF THEY EVER DECIDE TO COME ABOUT IN THE FIRST PLACE, AS MY AUNT SHUT DOWN AND WE HAVE NOBODY.....)AND wm will no longer be selling the fabs like they once did.
I am happy that wm will be losing a lot of business due to poor, poor POOR judgement, and they don't even realize what they are doing to themselves. They're too big to realize and too big to care. why should we?
Who of us are powerful enough to find out what it takes to go on and open up our own shops? Well, maybe that doesn't take power alone, but we can find other places.....I hate it, I do.....But.....WM doesn't care! I will share with all of you anything I find as to where to find the cheapest. Im probably not going to open any business right now with my kids being so young. --I have a cake going out WED...after a meeting w/my pre-k advisor.
I barely have enough time to think right now, but I'm open to sharing if the opportunity gets close...and I do smell something.......... ;) (aunt had fab. shop......)
g'night for now.......
share your "vent" with me!~