View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 04:30 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Harley Davidson Motor Company is highly protective of their logos and trademarks. They do not license to any fabric manufacturers. Any fabric you find on e-bay or the like with HD bar and shield logo or the words "Harley Davidson" will be cut up sheets. So you are much better off finding HD sheets and cutting them up yourself.

There are plenty of motorcycle novelty print fabrics but a true HD enthusiast will immediately spot that the bikes depicted on these fabrics aren't necessarily Harleys. As a rider and enthusiast myself I know of what I speak. The T-shirt quilt is the best bet. It would be most appreciated and used and the beauty is you can use T's that are well past being wearable. They can be stained, ripped, have holes, it's all good as usually the dealer imprint on the back is in good shape. I have made MANY Harely T-shirt quilts. Several on commission, a couple as gifts and quite a few as a fund raiser for my club. They are quick and easy to make and they always look great as long as you take your time and cut and sew carefully. You can do simple settins or creative ones. They look great tied or quilted, with fat or skinny bat and I have never come across an HD enthusiast who didn't absolutely LOVE them.

Here is a link to one I made as a gift:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...lt-t47094.html

Here is a pic of a commissioned one that also had many shirts from Rallys (and favorite bars at said rallys) such as Daytona, Sturgis and Myrtle Beach
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428407[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails linda-tshirt-quilt-front.jpg