Old 08-05-2013, 05:32 AM
nanna-up-north

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
No, But If you see an ad for some Marbles, let me know. I lost them tears ago.
~G~
I see marbles at auctions all the time. Do you want me to pick up some for you?? How much are you willing to spend? They go high $$$ sometimes. I haven't ever purchased any since I'm getting old now and nobody seems to mind that a lot of my marbles are missing. I just do what I want and people put up with me and my weird ways.

Dan, that is a really cute WW8. I've seen one really old machine that looks a little like yours at an auction but it sold for pretty good money. I'm scared of the machines that are all dirty, grimy and look like I wouldn't know how to fix them up..... I'm learning but am impatient and afraid I wouldn't be able to figure out what needle, what parts, etc. I should be more bold, I know.

Sideways, we all chat on QB all the time about these old machines but most people don't have a clue about them. My daughter is visiting at my cabin right now and wanted to make a purse. I have my newer Viking 1+ here along with one of my FWs. She was a little nervous about using the FW but I had her sew the purse strap with it. She said, "it's really a cute machine and wow, look at the great stitches it makes". She would never think about an older machine, thinking they would have to be worn out. I think I've converted her.... gave her the talk about how well older machines are made, etc. I didn't start looking for vintage until a few years ago so she has missed all that. Most people out there aren't around us vintage crazed sewers and don't have a clue..... that's okay. I want this craze to be kept a secret so I can still afford the ones I want.