View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 07:48 AM
#1piecemaker

Default Frustrated in Arkansas

I have been fighting a losing battle for days now trying to get my tension in the right sync on my longarm machine. This should not be so difficult. I've always been able to solve the problem with my domestic machines right? Well, so many different things can effect the long arm. Batting, thread, different kinds and differnent colors all require different settings. Does anyone have the perfect solution to all of this. Do any of you use a TOWA gauge? I am certainly considering buying one. I'm going crazy here. I even changed the backing fabric on my machine thinking the weave might be too close. I've changed my needles and the size of my needles. Help!!!! I've called the dealer and we thought it was working okay but when I took the practice quilt off and put on another one.......... a whole set of new problems. Anybody got any advice? I am about an inch shy of throwing in the towel!! I need some reinforcements. I'm getting tiny looptys on the bottom when I stitch backwards. Goes fine forward but backwards is when it goes crazy.