View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 11:10 AM
RkayD

Default My first try at Hand quilting..

I had lots of requests for the pattern, thread size & needle. I will try and answer all. Let me know if I missed anything. =)

The pattern is Road to Oklahoma. Thread is Pearle Cotton 8 ~ I just used a needle that would fit the thread so it was kind of big. I did the stab & stitch method with no hoop. I tried but it was always getting in the way.

I saw a large quilt hanging in a local museum and it was one of those that I couldn't stop thinking about. I joined a Small Quilt Swap on yahoo groups and was paired with a very nice lady from Canada. I thought FINALLY I could allow myself to recreate THAT quilt that wouldn't get out of my head! =) She had some family issues and I didn't hear from her...the deadline came and went and I got too attached to the quilt I was suppose to send and had decided to keep it. And I was not upset about that. And as it always goes....she contacted me. What to do?? I made another one going an inch smaller. I started to hand quilt the smaller version using the same thread...too thick! Halfway through I took it all out and did some feathers instead. They don't show up very well in the picture but they are there.
Attached Thumbnails 993072_10152010406314838_1039649441_n.jpg