Old 11-25-2009, 03:32 PM
amma
Power Poster

One year we met for a Thanksgiving breakfast...YEP....my kids were getting older and pulled in many directions on the holidays...so we met at a restaurant for breakfast and had a nice long visit...and it was a lot of fun!!!
I started having Christmas at "our" house when my kids were young. My DB's did not have kids and mine were having to rush through presents and breakfast to get ready to go... The tears over having to leave their toys...not enough sleep due to the excitement of Christmas morning... I said "enough!!!" Then when my DB started a family and mine were older we switched to Mom's as her house was next door to his and the kids could run back and forth.
I am starting to think now of having Christmas and Thanksgiving on the following Sunday...that way we can all relax and not have to worry about anyone having to be somewhere else or having to leave somewhere else early to be with us :wink: Most don't do much for New Years Day anyway...and there are TV's no matter where we meet :wink: for the ball games.