Old 08-05-2013, 04:25 PM
nancia

just because a child has things made by her grammi does not make her spoiled! my 2 olivias are the sweetest things ever! o'lala finally was able to talk to me! she has had a trouble with shyness so i suggested my daughter play dolls with her and act out social occasions and that would give o'lala the words and actions she could use in real life, and it's working! my big thing, and i mean REALLY big, is to never force a kid to kiss or hug someone they aren't comfortable doing that. but if a hand is offered they are to shake it. i hate when parents make their children hug a perfect stranger. even tho' they are family the child may not have a relationship or knowlege of the person.
i will post pictures of o'lulu when i upload them from others' files. i was busy and didn't take any pictures myself.
today we went to the ross perot museum of science and natural history. the building is waaay cool! reminds me a bit of the boston aquarium in that it is all wrapped around the core. basically you either take the elevator or escalator to the top and then work your way down. it is nearly completely interactive, even as you walk in from outside! there are xylephones and a pebble instrument and an instrument that runs on rain power. they had a wet area with lots of levels and puddles and a waterfall, bridges, islands, steps, just super! and there was this little boy flat on his stomach getting a drink from the waterfall! lol. tons of children and adults. it's all done by appointment so it is never overcrowded. oh, we had lunch at a normally wonderful mexicam restaraunt, and it was a disaster. first, they had a flashing light from a fire alarm--if that gives you migraines, raise your hand, mine is waving! then my soup was brought cold, so she took it back and brought it back tepid, took it one more time and it was so hot i had to blow on it to eat it. success! but by then everyone was finished and eating the sopapillas, so forget the soup and go for the good stuff! everyone else was pleased with their food ( i was beginning to wonder how many 'spitties' were in my soup by then!)
i bought some jelly rolls and black kona and will make a quilt top while i'm here. there's enough room my bedroom to bring in the sewing machine and table so i can get some done in quiet hours as my dgd sleeps!