View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 07:07 PM
DogHouseMom

I work in Monee!!!

I've been to all of the shops mentioned above

My personal favorite is the one in Morris (The Fabric Center). Large selection of everything, very nice selection of batiks - and GREAT staff. Morris is about a 50 minute drive from Monee straight west on I80.

Also from the list above ... and by far the largest selection of fabric of any store I've been to with the single exception of Hancocks of Paducah is Roberts Sewing Center in Joliet IL. Again .. straight out on 80 about 30 minutes from Monee. Not my favorite shop because the staff is kind of "not-pleasant", but I go there for the enormous selection. Not much in the way of notions though, but they also have a fantastic display of quilts!! If you need to "stash up" I would choose this one for the large selection.

Another shop ... and a bit different as you can buy wine with your fabric ... (interesting concept!!) is "Countryside Village" in Braidwood. From Monee .. 45 minutes (straight across Peotone Rd. to I55). It's a small shop, not a ton of fabric, but nice stuff - super staff, and they have a wine shop in the back, a gourmet shop on the side, and a craft/gift shop up front. Where else can you buy fabric, chocolate and wine in the same place??? This one is my "home" shop - closest to my house. If you can only choose one and you want to explore buying wines and perhaps gifts, and stashing up is a bonus, I would choose this one.

If you want directions to any of these shops from Monee, let me know. I drive these roads every ... single ... weekday.

Welcome to Monee!!

(Pronounced Mow-Knee)