View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 01:05 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by sewmany View Post
Sounds like you had an exciting day. It is so neat when DH can share the experience with you. We all have those moments when we go down memory lane. Mine is "Simply Quilts". Learned a lot from Alex and the shows.
Simply Quilts is mine, too. Other than the fact that Alex Anderson was such a delight and an awesome quilter, she had great guests with such great talents. Some of my favorites were Billie Lauder, Eleanor Burns, Laura Nownes, Diana McClun, Mary Ellen Hopkins. Then there was the Stack n-Whack lady Bethany Reynolds and the Peaky and Spike lady Doreen Speckmann. All of these ladies got me hooked on quilting. When I was at home during the vacation months I watched faithfully and really missed them when I went back to school in the fall. Now we have NONE of the quilting shows.

Through this awesome board and the tutorials on Missouri Star Quilt Co. and other sites we can see the best of the best for guidance.

PS 150, this side trip to Paducah will be an inspiration to you for years to come. And... that DH of yours is a real trooper!

Last edited by GailG; 08-06-2013 at 01:08 AM.