Old 08-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Wendys Quilts

Default Carpenter's Star, Postage Stamp, Star Quilt done on summer vacation....

During my son's summer break from school, these are the tops that I have done. I didnt have alot of time to do much of anything else accept make these tops. When he returns to school next week, I will work on quilting all of these.

The first one is a Batik Carpenter's Star which I love, love, love. I wanted to hang this one on the wall, but my 6 yr old really loved it and said he wanted it on his bed. So of course, I put it on his bed )

Second one is my version of the Postage Stamp quilt. It is all scraps, 2 1/2" all sew on seperately. Alot of fun to do. Got rid of a lot, but still have a TON of 2 1/2" squares left. This one has, I think, 1296 squares in it. I plan on putting a border on it eventually.

Third, this one is really not my favorite at all. Although, I have a friend that it will work GREAT in her newly remodeled bedroom. Her room is decorated to feel like you are in Montana. I was thinking about appliquing a bear or moose on it somewhere. lol SO I might surprise her with it!

Fourth is my Star Quilt I really love it. BUT, I have had a time trying to quilt it on my frame. I think all those points where the Flying Geese are my biggest culprit! I have tried on two seperate occasions to quilt it on my frame and it has been an EPIC fail lol. So I have put it away and when I am ready to get it quilted, it WILL be going to my LA'er lol

Fifth is a picture of my cat, George, who thought I needed a break from said Star Quilt (above mentioned) because I was getting frustrated lol. And he was right. I stopped and later came back and seamed ripped what I had done, took it off the frame and put it in the closet for MUCH later lol....

Thanks for looking!
Wendy
Attached Thumbnails batik-carpenters-star.jpg   postage-stamp-quilt-qb.jpg   dark-brown-quilt-qb.jpg   stars-quilt.jpg   stars-quilt-georges-help.jpg