Thread: Joseph's Coat
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Rosyhf

I have finished four blocks across and four down. I have left the separation between the blocks and the rows so you can see the parts.

I sewed three petals and three backgrounds for 1/2 of the block and then the other, then I sewed these two halves together. First I pinned the center and long stitched it and if it matched, then I would sew the entire seam with the usual stitch length.

First I made four complete bocks, row 1. Then I made only the center blocks for row two, except one block, where I forgot and put the bottom petals one but that works out for the third row, where I will omit the petals for that join.

The sides are half blocks. Since I was feeling my way with this quilt my pieces parts are all different lol. So if I were to make this quilt again. I would do the four complete block for row one. The center blocks for row 2 and the complete blocks for row 3 and again the center blocks for row 4. Then all you need are the half blocks for the sides.

I will now join the block and then the rows. I hope this helps anyone who wants to do this quilt. I wasn't going to spend much time on it but then I decided to work overtime (without pay lol) and finish it as I really love it. I might add more blocks as I see I still have some petal left, don't know yet.
Attached Thumbnails dsc00005.jpg   dsc00006.jpg   dsc00011.jpg   dsc00012.jpg  

Last edited by Rosyhf; 08-06-2013 at 01:59 PM.