Old 08-07-2013, 06:06 AM
Elisabrat

I had a wonderful dog for me many many years who was petrified of noise. One fourth we left him in the yard but left the house back door open so if he was scared he could go in. We lived in CA where fireworks were illegal. Went to the inlaws. Big mistake. Came home he was gone. He didn't go in the house. the dug under the rock hard dirt to get out of the fence ran up the hill into a home and stayed there shaking. We came home horrified he was gone and posted 100 signs.Finally the couple came home from work and called us. Said he ran in and wouldn't move. This was a german shep/husky dog. Big dog. lucky for us they were good with animals and didn't run him to the shelter. I have never left an animal home alone on purpose on major events like that or during storms. my own cats go into hiding no one would know I have them when the thunder here hits. there is a cupboard they run into and stay .. tough trying to talk them into being comfortable then isn't it?

ok off this darned board! sewing here I come!!! lol til the phone rings of course..