Old 08-07-2013, 12:17 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Default this quilt was such a challenge! i'm so glad i managed to get it done

a friend asked me to make a quilt for her to give as a gift to someone- she wanted an oriental theme with colors ivory, black & hot pink. I found it very difficult - so outside my comfort zone I didn't think I would be able to pull it off- this Irish girl has no experience working with anything oriental ..anyway- I got the top together & laid it out to show my hubby & he HATES it! generally he is very supportive- but not this time- this time he just says---"it makes no sense- 'I just don't like it".. I found that pretty stressful too- but I loaded it up & quilted it anyway- hoping my friend sees it differently- finished quilting it this morning before work- I did a lot of detail quilting on this baby- (btw-it is a large queen) it was the first time I have successfully used invisible thread to quilt a whole quilt (cream cotton thread on the back- invisible on the front) now I just need to bind it- I think i'm going to use the deep pink for the binding. doing the binding will be the only part of this I like- I've always liked the binding part- means it is finally finished- I will be happy when this one goes away. off to much more enjoyable projects.
Attached Thumbnails oriental-quilt_04-1.jpg   oriental-quilt_06-1.jpg