View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 02:24 PM
peaceandjoy

Oh yes, I've been there! A guild member offered a OBW class a couple of years ago, which is outside of my comfort zone to begin with - I lean towards traditional. Combined with a poor fabric choice, and I really hated it. After getting 3/4's of the way through, I put it aside. After almost a year, I pitched it. Having it hang around weighed me down in a way that most UFO's don't. Usually, if I set something aside, I'll eventually get back to it, but this just seemed like it was wasting space, there was nothing I could do to make myself like it. So I decided to cut my loss and get rid of it. Didn't bother me a bit.

I have made quilts I don't like at all, when using colors/designs that DD asked for. I literally had to force myself to work on it. If I'm not feeling the love, I don't want to touch it. Eventually, it got finished (my avatar) and she loved it so much it was worth it a hundred times over - but hopefully I won't have anything that I drag my feet over that much again. Better to either let it go, as I did in the first case, or if it's for somebody special, to bite the bullet and get it over with.