View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 06:58 PM
suziehammond

Default My finished project for the month

Here are the final changes I made to this small project. Darn it--I got so overzealous I forgot to quilt the outer border!! It would have added such a nice texture to the piece--it would have been so much better- Pooh! Gets obvious that I was in a hurry huh? And I can't fix it by putting Qing in now because the corners that I use it to hang it up with it are there sewn into the back sides. But overall it is a little piece that expresses the local frustration and I think it works OK. It will be displayed in a public area of a private bank. Text says 'Free Education for Liberty'. The government is pretty right wing and is supporting policies that encourage expensive private universities and not funding at all the original public universities. (And they do have plenty of $$ to do so--the country has a healthy surplus with no national debt) Silly of them as they need fully educated people to administer resources and grow tje cpuntry in future. (Sigh) They need to grow the middle class not separate people along $$ lines! Enough politics from Chile this month!
Attached Thumbnails freedom-q-back.jpg   freedom-q.jpg