Old 08-08-2013, 04:31 AM
brunswickgirl

Location: Cabin at the lake.. on my way to Brunswick as soon as the house is complete
Default Not the FW I thought but still ended up with one

My best friend has been teasing me all summer that she has a small white sewing machine that was her grandmother's. So I think it is a FW. Last week we got together at the local pub and she presented me with the machine. see pics below.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428976[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]428977[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]428979[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]428978[/ATTACH]

Not what I thought it was..she had been referencing that color of the case all the time. She is like a lot of the people we see in the ads posted about "what are they smoking". She does not sew!! Anyway I was happy to get it and will use it. It is a cute, heavy, machine.

BUT wait...I was walking the dog last weekend and about 2 blocks from my house I see a garage sale, has a Singer 15 in a nice wooden cabinet, she wants $5.00 for it. I tell her to hold it and will drive my care back down. 2 minutes later I am there to pick it up. She tells me her neighbor across the street, this is an old neighborhood, so these people are in their 80's plus, has some of her aunts machines and I should go across and talk to her. I did and scored the following:

Singer 66, Singer 500, Singer 27(decals are in good condition). None had cabinets. Asked her what she wanted for them she said $50, SOLD. She then said I have another one, it is little and you probably are not interested. I said show me, show me...she went into the house and brought out a FW, 1946. Asked what she wanted for that, she said $75 for all. SOLD SOLD SOLD She went on to tell me that these were her aunt's machines and that the aunt was a home ec teacher. FW named Marie after the aunt. I can really feel some soul in this little guy. Have it packed to take to the lake with me this weekend.

I did have a few pangs of guilt but got over that real quick as I quickly loaded my little Veloster with all my treasures. The 66, 500 are like new condition. The 27 has some wear as should be expected but it in good condition. These are all packed up for my upcoming move, but had to keep the FW out. I will use it in place of the one I currently have that came from my Mother in laws, she never sewed so it is in new condition.

Thought I would share the laugh of the "little white machine".

[TABLE="width: 128"]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64"]

[/TD]
[TD="class: xl63, width: 64"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl64"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl64"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Attached Thumbnails belair-016.jpg   belair-007.jpg   belair-011.jpg   belair-015.jpg