View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 02:08 PM
minstrel

Red face Finally! Back in my sewing room

We added a puppy to our family back in early February, and I haven't been able to get to my room to do any quilting, sewing or even make a card (I also do rubber stamping and scrapbooking). At the beginning, it was mostly because of housebreaking. I couldn't concentrate on anything long enough to get anywhere without feeling like I had to start over when I got back to it after taking her out (or cleaning up an accident). Then, I just lost my "want-to". Been feeling like I just didn't have any creative energy and nothing I felt like making. I looked plenty on Pinterest and such, with lots of ideas I liked, just couldn't get going to DO anything.

Today, my one small step forward: a cute little trash bag for my truck when we go to Glacier National Park next week. I used a couple fat quarters and added a heavy fusible interfacing on the liner so it stays open. I also happened to have a leftover buckle like they use on the grocery cart belts, so I used it instead of velcro and also sewed the straps into the seam on top (in between the liner and outer decorative side). Since I did that, I also topstitched two rows instead of one. It came out really cute and I feel like I've actually done something creative. :-) Here's the link to the one I made:

http://www.howdoesshe.com/messy-car-solution/

Ahhh...feels so good to be back in my room!