Old 08-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Belfrybat

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Belfrybat, she uses a white on white consistently as the main background, and she uses the yellow pindot for all the corners. She only mentions a 3rd background on Design 1 and Design 5.

I am going to get about 2 yards of a white on white because I don't want to run out of my background color.

I made a chart of the color of each block that she has posted so far. She has used 17 different colors, not including the backgrounds. I like Honchey's idea of using a collection from one of the designers, but the ones I liked had larger prints than I thought would work with this pattern. The pattern pieces are really small. I only had to buy 4 yards so far, all the rest was from my stash.

Thank you. This is very helpful. I want to primarily use my stash and do have a bolt of a fine ferny white on white -- yeah- you read that right - a whole bolt! So that will definitely be my main background. Also, by using white, any colour will go with it. I'll stash shop early next week and post what ideas I come up with. I'm beginning to get excited -- just hope ya'll will hold my hand when I come back on and whinge -- "but this is too hard!".

Dungeonquilter -- those stonehenge prints are fabulous. That will make one fine quilt.