Old 08-10-2013, 04:27 PM
nanna-up-north

Well, I'm back from the auction and I bought the singer model 15 (I posted the auctioneers photo on pg 4223, post # 42224). It moves just fine and the machine is in pretty good shape. It is missing the electric cord...... foot controller is there, wired direct, but no 3-prong cord to plug from the machine to the outlet. And somewhere between there and home, I've lost the spool pin. I don't think it will be hard to find a spool pin but most cords are connected to the foot pedal so what do I look for when I don't need the pedal?? Could I plug in my 221 cord to try it out??? or would that damage my 221 cord?

I looked up the cabinet .... I think it's kind of unusual..... and everything is there.... an ink bottle and pencil tray in the left upper drawer and a spool holder in one of the right side drawers. And there was some stuff..... no attachments but needles, thread, buttons (there's always buttons) and of course 3-in-1 oil (ARggh!!) So, remind me again, what's the best way to get all the 3-in-1 oil off before I oil everything and try to get it running. Oh, I almost forgot, there is part of a model 15 manual .... starts at page 7 and there's a model 66-18 manual but I didn't see that machine anywhere.

Miriam, I thought I remembered you saying that the 15 threads through the needle from left to right and the hand wheel is turned away from you but the manual says right to left.... and you turn the hand wheel toward you. Is this correct??? I'm hoping this manual is the one for this machine..... the pictures look correct.

So, I'll have to find the cord and get a spool pin before I can report anything more about it..... and someone, please let me know about the 3-in-1 oil. I can't remember how to remove it. And almost forgot serial# AG3770020, birthed on March 3, 1942.... pretty filigree face plate.