Old 08-10-2013, 05:01 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Your FW cord should work - try it. Spool pins can be had at sew-classic - a chop stick will stick in the hole... Thread the needle opposite of the FW. Balance wheel is normal. I have a couple of those ink well cabinets, too. Very nice aren't they. The 3 in 1 oil may need a solvent to get it gone. Take care of the paint before you go wild with solvent - actually a little goes a long ways. Joe uses gun cleaner.
Today I got the Singer 15 machine Wilbur and I were working on moving. Too bad he wasn't here. I kind of wish it would stick back up. I bought that machine for parts. It looks like it will work just fine so won't be a parts machine. I worked over that Singer 99 Lovie got moving. It is such a nice little machine I wanted to hug it, too. I had 3 machines in the old bent wood cases and dug into them, too. One was a 99 with really bad decals and melted wires - I left it full of lint for Lovie to clean next time she is over but I took the tension off and cleaned it and put it back on. Another 99 but better shape - cleaned up nice. And a 128 with great decals - it cleaned up real nice - looks like the motor has already been rewired. It seemed to be a well kept but used machine. I like that. I also got that redeye in working order. So far I had it punching paper. Next time the kids come they can sew something. I love those old tensions - they are so easy to clean and adjust.

My sister's MIL's sister gave my sister an old sewing book. It had instructions how to do some really cool free motion type embroidery on a Singer 15. It showed no foot - just a needle and a hoop. The instructions told different ways to tighten or loosen the tension and what thread to use. There were several pages of different things that could be done that way. I was drooling over that book. I hope she leaves it to me when she dies. If she does & I know about it, she might just have an untimely death...

Last edited by miriam; 08-10-2013 at 05:06 PM.