Old 08-10-2013, 06:18 PM
nanna-up-north

Oh, you are bad, Miriam. Try to find the name of the book. I don't have many old sewing books but I go to a lot of book sales. ... DH reads 2-3 books a week. You never know what I'll find. That would be a fun book to have.

You are so much more productive than I am at cleaning up machines..... I don't have near as many as you, either. I do love trying to clean them up but need lots of help understanding what to do sometimes. Do you take the tension apart completely before you clean them?? and then put them back together??

I've already looked on sew-classic for the cord. It says it fits the 15-91 and some other 15-?? machine. It think it will fit the simple 15 as well.... maybe I can call them to make sure before I order and then find out it won't fit. I'll look in the back of the truck to see if the spool pin just fell out. It's pretty little, could have fallen through the spaces. But sew-classic has them for 59 cents..... not a problem.

The cabinet has some of the veneer loose and I'll have to decide if I want to remove/replace it, or just glue it back on. It looks like it sat in that basement too long..... man was that a job getting it out of that basement. It was heavy. DH said he's never helped me move a machine that heavy.... I told him , it's heavy duty, doesn't move around a lot..... he said, I'm sure it doesn't. ha ha. I got the stool, too. I had fun today.