View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 05:03 AM
miriam
Power Poster

The beehive spring almost never needs to be replaced. The other one may need to be replaced if it has been spring all out of shape, broken or has rust. If it has rust you might have some luck with some chrome cleaner. Very likely, it may not be set right. This wonderful manual can tell you how to set that spring: http://www.tfsr.org/pub/technical_in...echanism_2.pdf Some times when people can't make their sewing machine work they automatically tamper with the tension - at least that is my theory... anyway when they don't know what they are doing they can do a whole lot of harm. I pretty much take all tensions apart and put them back together as I clean - actually saves me a lot of time. Most of the time they don't take very long to do once you learn how. It may also be that you have the tension adjusted too tight. You will need to read every word of that manual about the correct tension for your machine. Do it step by step. When I first started seriously rebuilding tensions, I enlarged the manual at the copy place so I can keep track of each step. That TFSR manual has the best info I know of about setting the little pot, the spring and the post. The rest may well be in your owners manual. Some owner's manuals will show what order the tension parts go together. You may need that to compliment the info in the TFSR manual.